Rotary Oceanic Medical Aid for Children
ROMAC is a humanitarian program of the 29 Rotary Districts of Australia and New Zealand.
Children are brought to Australia and New Zealand because of the complex nature of many of our cases often come from remote areas where treatment is not available.
- ROMAC is the only Rotary sponsored children’s medical program.
- ROMAC is managed by Regional committees in all areas of Australia & New Zealand. Administered by volunteer Rotarians. There are no paid staff.
- ROMAC receives no financial support from either the Australian or New Zealand Governments.
- Children to date have come from: Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Kiribati, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Vanuatu & Vietnam.
- ROMAC relies entirely on the generosity of surgeons, the medical community and funds raised by Rotary Clubs.
- Considerable assistance from the medical profession and fundraising efforts ensure no disadvantage to Australian children and doctors treating children gain skills that benefit Australian children.
- Please support ROMAC and help continue the outstanding work
- Donations are tax deductible.
What’s the cost of changing or saving the life of a child?
Current ROMAC Chair
If you have noticed something incorrect with this page, please let us know by filing an error report form.
Click here to complete the form.