Last Edited: Mon, 28 September 2015 | Report Error
What are global grants?
Global grants support large international activities with sustainable, measurable outcomes in one or more of the six areas of focus.
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
Global grants must:
- Be an international partnership between a Rotary club or district in the country where the activity takes place and a Rotary club or district outside of that country
- Be sustainable and include plans for long-term success after the global grant funds have been spent
- Include measurable goals that are demonstrated through progress reports
- Align with one of our six areas of focus
- Respond to real community needs
- Include active participation from both Rotarians and community members
- Have a minimum budget of US$30,000
- Meet the eligibility requirements in the grants terms and conditions
You can use global grants to fund:
- Humanitarian projects that support the goals of one or more of the areas of focus
- Scholarships for graduate-level academic studies that relate to one or more of the areas of focus
- Vocational training teams, which are groups of professionals traveling abroad either to learn more about their profession or teach local professionals about a particular field
How do I apply for a global grant?
The Rotary Foundation accepts global grant applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. Before a district or club can apply for a grant, it has to complete the qualificationprocess. Once your club or district is qualified, you can apply for a global grant through the online tool.
How are global grants funded?
Global grants are funded with a combination of District Designated Funds or cash contributions and matching funds from The Rotary Foundation’s World Fund. The World Fund will match 100 percent of District Designated Funds and/or 50 percent of cash contributions. The minimum award amount from the World Fund is US$15,000, which means that the minimum project budget is $30,000.